Leadership Essay: Example and Tips
Essay is one of the forms of independent work that has a creative character. In the article, we will talk about how to write a leadership essay correctly and prevent common mistakes. You will learn about the structure of the essay, content of each of the parts and see examples of proper leadership essay.
- 1 How to start writing an essay? Useful tips
- 2 How to write introduction of an essay?
- 3 Introduction of leadership essay example
- 4 How to finish leadership essay?
- 5 Recommendations for writing an essay
How to start writing an essay? Useful tips
It often happens that a person, who has enough eloquence and the ability to express his thoughts on paper, has difficulty in starting the essay. Consideration of the beginning can stretch out for quite a long time, which greatly spoils the process of creative work. Take advantage of our tips on how to start an essay writing.
- Tip 1. Before you start writing an essay, you need to formulate an idea, define a goal and find sources of information for the work.
- Tip 2. Use the free writing technique. Its essence lies in writing down all the thoughts that come to mind without editing it and not following grammar, punctuation, style, etc. It is a great way to help cope with the creative crisis and find an extraordinary idea.
- Tip 3. It is important not to focus on the introductory part. The introduction can be written after the main part is written. In this case, it is already clear what the essay is about, therefore it is easier to write the introduction.
- Tip 4. One of the fairly common options is to write an essay, starting with a question, the answer to which is given later.
How to write introduction of an essay?
Like any written work, the essay contains an introductory part. A well-written introduction makes the reader become interested and read the essay to the end. The introductory part may contain the formulation of the problem and its essence, rhetorical question, quotation, proverb, etc.
It is important to create a special emotional mood and bring the reader to the problem under consideration. From the very first sentences, the reader must understand what the topic of the essay is, its author’s mood and way of thinking.
Introduction of leadership essay example
What is leadership? I reflect on this word, based on my own personal understanding. You can, of course, look into the dictionary. But it’s more interesting to think for yourself than to take the finished definition for granted.
Tips for writing main part of an essay
In the main part, you can bring different points of view on the issue under consideration, touch upon the history of the issue, where it is appropriate. Usually the main part consists of several sub-items, each of which consists of three sections: a thesis (the proposition to be proved), its justification (the arguments used to prove the thesis), a conclusion from the mentioned earlier (partial answer to the main question).
Arguments are judgments expressed in order to convince the reader of the truth of a particular point of view. They can be represented by different situations from life, the opinions of scientists, evidence, etc. The argument can be constructed in the following sequence:
- Final judgment.
Example of main part of leadership essay
A leader is someone who knows how to lead others. Or someone who just knows how to go ahead of everyone, inspiring others by his example. Both assumptions are correct, to my mind. It is believed that being a leader is cool and prestigious. Some believe that one must always strive to be a leader, and if you are not a leader, then you don’t matter, you are no one. That’s where the mistakes begin.
It is often believed that a leader is someone who can suppress others, manipulate people, involve them against their wishes in some sort of business. That the leader is the loudest person. Often you see people who strive to be the first in everything, but they have not enough strengths. They try to assert their leadership by force and shout. Sometimes it works out, but not for long. Only a truly respected person can become a real leader.
Leadership is manifested in different ways in different situations. Someone is the leader in the fight, where you need to defend your rights and life with your fists. Someone is a leader in education, in the profession. And someone is the undisputed leader in the family, where everyone listens to him. There is a leader in the team and an informal leader. Probably, you should not try to always and everywhere make your way to the leaders. There are, of course, exceptional individuals who manage everything. But, of course, not because they are hungry for leadership. But because they are intelligent, talented, courageous, sincere.
How to finish leadership essay?
In the main conclusion, all the conclusions drawn for each thesis presented in the main part are combined. The reader should come to a logical conclusion based on the arguments given. In the final part, the problem is re-introduced and a final conclusion is drawn.
If the goal of the introductory part is to interest the reader, then the goal of the last sentences is to add integrity to the overall picture, leave the work in the reader’s memory and push it to reflections.
Example of conclusion of leadership essay
Leadership is an expression of the inner strength of a person, of his self-confidence. Such a person is not afraid, has no doubt, because he knows that he is right. And such a person takes responsibility for himself and for others, for his actions and their results. First – for yourself, for the correctness of the chosen path. And then for others who follow him. Leadership is accountable, in the understanding that your actions mean for others and for the world.
Recommendations for writing an essay
All the rules for compiling an essay are recommendatory in nature, as essay is a creative work with no strict structure. Use our tips on how to write an essay, taking into account also the information presented above, and create an essay that will not leave the reader indifferent.
Tips for writing:
- When writing essays, you should alternate short phrases with long ones. In this case, the text will be dynamic enough to be easy to read.
- Do not use complex and incomprehensible words, especially if the meaning of the word is unfamiliar.
- You should use as few general phrases as possible. The essay should be unique, individualized, reflecting the author’s personality.
- Humor should be used very carefully. Sarcasm and insolence can irritate the reader.
- Reflection of personal experience, memories and impressions is a great way to confirm your point of view and convince the reader.
- It is necessary to stick to the topic and the main idea, without deviating from it and not describing unnecessary details.
- After completing the essay, you should reread it, making sure that the logic of the presentation is preserved throughout the narrative.
- The use of facts in the essay and research results is an excellent option for giving credibility.
Avoid common mistakes of essay writing
Knowing the most common mistakes will help not make them when writing own essays.
- Mistake 1. The fear of being misunderstood or not making the right impression helps the author to remove all the extra, not appropriate in the essay information. Due to this, essay can lose its individuality and uniqueness.
- Mistake 2. Insufficient elaboration of details. A common mistake is the existence of an assertion that is not supported by a sufficient number of arguments in the form of examples and proofs.
- Mistake 3. Misunderstanding of the essence of the problem stated in the essay or the wrong interpretation of the topic.
- Mistake 4. Enumeration of other people’s opinions, without indicating their authorship and lack of their own point of view.
All the charm of the genre of the essay lies in the absence of strict limitations. Full freedom of creativity, the opportunity to express your opinion and share your thoughts, an unconventional solution to the problem – these are features inherent in the essay, making this genre attractive to a creative person, generating original ideas. For a more complete understanding of the material, read the leadership essay example.